Thank you to all who have offered up or suggested potential sites; however Horsham Blueprint Neighbourhood and Business Forum has decided (following recent legal challenges) not to include site allocations in the Neighbour and Business Plan.
In the absence of site allocations within the Blueprint Plan it is our understanding that:
- site allocations would fall to Horsham District Council and their normal consultation arrangements; and
- those developments would then be subject to the planning policies forming part of the Approved Blueprint Plan.
Call for development sites
Horsham Blueprint Neighbourhood Forum is preparing a Neighbourhood Development Plan, under the provisions of the Localism Act 2012.
As part of its work in assessing future development opportunities, the Forum is calling on landowners, developers, residents, businesses, local interest groups and agents with an interest in Horsham Town Centre to propose sites or areas within the neighbourhood plan area of Horsham Forest, Denne and Trafalgar Neighbourhood Councils for development.
This process will not decide whether or not a site is allocated for development by the neighbourhood plan as not all sites will be necessary or acceptable. However it will enable the Forum to ensure that all potential development opportunities are considered.
The site suggestions received will be used to guide and inform the preparation of site allocations in the Neighbourhood Plan.
If you would like sites to be considered we would like to hear from you. The sites need not be in your ownership.
Please send the following details to Horsham Blueprint by 30th April 2016 (contact details below).
- Name and contact details
- For each site:
- Site location (supply map where possible showing site boundary)
- Site area in hectares (if known)
- Current use of site (including if it is occupied or vacant)
- Ownership and whether it is available for development.
- Timescales for development. Is the site available immediately, 0-5 years, 6-10 years, 11-15 years?
- Any known and anticipated constraints to developing the site e.g. physical or legal issues.
- Proposed type and tenure of development (housing e.g. market, affordable, starter homes, downsizers, family homes;
employment use e.g. office, industrial; or other use)
- The scale of proposed development (housing numbers or commercial space square metres )
For further information, please contact Horsham Blueprint by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Unit 10, MBE Horsham, 33 Queen Street, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 5AA.